Monday, March 27, 2006

Jinx

A new feature of this blog will be Words Of Wisdom For The Day.

After ALL THAT taking care of everyone and swearing I would not get sick, and waking up with a headache everyday since Thursday (which I had attributed to bad sleep) I ended up with the Mother of all Migranes on Sunday, and had to practice my Lamaze breathing to keep myself from puking for HOURS!!! If you didn't know before, I would rather break an ankle than throw up. Ask anyone who knew me when I was pregnant. (I should have spent half my time for the first 4 months in the bathroom, but I just breathed.)

Anyway, I laid in bed for hours, breathing, running to the bathroom only once, close to defeated, but successful in my attempt to hold my cookies. I know what you are saying. QOATIP, don't you think you would have felt better if you had just gotten it out of your system? Well, perhaps, but still, I have a record to break. Besides, the whole last season of "Friends" was on, and I was able to catch up on pop culture.

When I was in my younger days, I only got sick from drinking once, (well, maybe twice, I can't really remember) But I do remember that I HATED throwing up. So I made a pact with myself way back then, to never throw up again. At least if I could help it.

So I feel better today, and was able to eat dinner (chicken and veges) last night. No cream sauces for while.....

So my WOWFTD: Never say never, but say, Not if I can help it...

No comments: