Sunday, June 05, 2005

Why did she say THAT?

So today my mom called to say that she would NOT be coming to visit next week to see my daughter's big stage performance after all. My child is now upset, depressed, and feels unloved by MY mother, her grandmother. This is NOT how it's supposed to be. She's supposed to RELY on my mother for consistency and compassion.

You know, all my life I thought I could deal with my mother in therapy, I never thought my child would have to as well. I thought that kind of behavior skipped a generation, and that my child would be in therapy talking about things I did that annoyed her.

2 comments:

Flipsycab said...

That's why I always say I'm going to save for my kid's college fund and their therapy fund. It's inevitable.

k_sra said...

Inevitably your influence on your child will greatly outweigh hers. This is a blessing. Love em and hold em and squeeze em and give them room to grow. Your mother's influence over them is more to do with how she has affected you than how she affects them.