Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I'm Sure I'm Adopted Chapter 2

Yesterday baby sister sent out a lame poem about friendship and missed opportunities, and then at the end, posted this promise:

> You must send this on in 3 hours after reading the letter
> to 10 other people.
>
> If you do this, you will receive unbelievably good luck in love.
>
> The person that you are most attracted to will soon return to you.
>
> If you do not, bad luck will rear its ugly head at you.
>
> THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

I have to tell you how much I HATE this kind of mail, as I always delete it, in the process flipping off bad luck (and ducking at the same time.) But I (almost) never respond to the sender, unless truly offended (seeI'm sure I'm adopted, Chapter 1).

Well, someone did respond to baby sister, and apparently, beat baby sister into contrition. and admittedly, she wrote back to everyone and apologized, saying insteac, "I apologize if the last email struck a cord with anyone or sent the wrong message that I truly wanted to wish poor luck on people I don't think this stuff works anyway......"

OK, then why send it? Just say yo!

Oy.

1 comment:

Flipsycab said...

It's a crime. It's called Abuse of the Fwd.