Saturday, September 23, 2006

OMG I was speechless!!

Tonight was the Bentleys, when the BTG congratulates itself, and even though deep down in my heart I know these awards are somewhat arbitrary and political and don't mean that any one show was better or worse than another...it sure felt good to hear my show called out seven times....we received awards in the following categories:

Actor
Actress
Vocal Performance Male
Outstanding Entertainer
Set Design
Stage Manager
Director
Show

I got up and thanked my directing mentors, T and A, (I dragged T on stage with me) and when they called out "Mattress" for best show, I could not even speak...I know, shocking huh?

I am humbled.

Thank you universe, for my 15 minutes. I truly appreciate every one of them

3 comments:

Flipsycab said...

Yay! Big Mozel!

Krizzer said...

That is RAD Marla! Wow, a heck of a lot of really big awards. And best director? You so Rock!!

stennie said...

Congrats! That's a heap of awards to rake in.