Saturday, December 23, 2006

Your Hawaiian Word of the Week #8

Boy, I can't believe I'm already 8 weeks into my 50th year. And what a sucky year it's been so far. I've been cranky, irritable, and just plain unpleasant to be around. Hmmm. don't you want to hop on a plane with me now?

Your word of the week is brought to you by the letter "u". You may know that many a Hawaiian word starts with "u." I've even had to resort to using words that start with "u" because the letter of the week didn't play well with others....so choosing today's word was a bit tricky. But I succeeded.

uwiki

To glimmer, especially of a light through hole, crack or narrow opening to twinkle faintly. You know, like the light at the end of the tunnel.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm hoping to really soon.

No comments: