Sunday, October 30, 2005

What's up here...

Let’s review the week, shall we?

Monday, one of the leads in the show I am directing hit her head while laughing, and ended up with a concussion and is still on dance restriction until this Wednesday.

Tuesday, I spent the first 45 minutes of rehearsal doing the job of our “publicity persn” because her photos sucked. In addition four people missed rehearsal because they were sick.

Wednesday, during the rehearsal, at about 9:15, one of the chorus members stepped forward as I was concentrating on placement for 6 people on stage for the opening of Act II, which I had just blocked the day before, and asked if she could go home, as she thought she was done for the day. (She was one of the four who missed the day before.)

Thursday, Big Sister turned 16, and had a very low key day, considering the weekend before, and the weekend to come. I went to the work party, and discovered my costumer still had not done a costume plot, and was 5 costumes short and had no idea what the hell she was going to do.

Friday, the lead showed up for rehearsal, and made it through, after I spent the first half hour telling the cast they were great and wonderful, and if they didn’t keep quiet back stage, I’d lose my mind.

Saturday, got a lot of errands done, (I’m still doing props, as my props person has yet to make it to rehearsal) and in the last five minutes of the work party, I fell off the 9 inch riser and spent the next three hours in emergency where I discovered you CAN break your ankle and still walk on it…Now I’m in a walking cast.

Yeah, that was quite a week. I can’t wait till tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Krizzer said...

God Marla! You poor thing! Oh, I've sprained my ankle and it hurts like a BITCH! I can't imagine how bad it must feel to break it. Eeechh.

Flipsycab said...

The Guild is messin' with your mojo!!