Thursday, April 06, 2006

Let's go to the movies!

Thanks to Jellybean for making this up. Just when I thought my brain could go on vacations, she makes me wrack it again. And to Krizzer, Stennie and Flipsycab, who love some of the same movies I do. BTW, I hate going to the movies now. I'd rather wait until the Academy Awards have been nominated and presented, rather than listen to some dork behind me ruin the movie because he read something in the newspaper about the scene we are watching, or, OMG, can I run over and get all Naomi Campbell on the guy who lets his phone ring three times before he answers it and then CARRIES ON A CONVERSATION!!! Stay home. If you don't, I will.

1) Movie that you can watch over and over “Connie and Carla” My latest guilty pleasure. For an older movie, it would have to be “Ghostbusters” since I have seen it about 10 times.


2) Movie that you liked more than you expected to “Fight Club”


3) Movie that you liked more than it deserved “Ishtar”


4) Movie that you wanted to like but couldn't “American Beauty”


5) Movie that you were excited to see when they first came out, but never saw There were two…”Finding Nemo” and “Toy Story 2” I know, my kids have seen them a million times.

6) Movie you love but can't watch “Monster’s Ball”


7) Movie that you liked when you were 5-8 that you still like “Bye Bye Birdie” (see, I’m really old!)


8) Movie that you liked when you were 12-15 that you still like “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid”


9) First movie you saw in the theatre without your parents “Oliver”

10) First movie you saw on a date “The Sting”

11) Favorite literary adaptation “Pride and Prejudice” I can’t help it. I actually enjoyed it.

12) Favorite TV adaptation. It would have to be one of the Trek movies, probably the one that was supposed to be in San Francisco, but, if you know The City, then you know that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get from one place to another the way they did as quickly as they did, AND that you can’t see the golden gate bridge when you are walking by golden gate park. PUUULLLEEAZE!

13) Favorite movie from a genre you don't usually like “Spaceballs” But I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rick Moranis.

14) Favorite obscure movie
The Girl in the Café. I saw this by accident when on a weekend away with cable TV

15) Movie you watch when you're home sick [ed - this is when you're taking a sick day, not when hankering for home]
Unconditional Love

16) Movie you wouldn't want to watch with your parents Pretty much anything rated R. My mom makes faces.

17-20) Four favorite movies you haven't already mentioned
17 Master of Disguise (so clean, so funny)
18 Finding Neverland (so romantic)
19 Don Juan DeMarco (again, I have my Johnny Depp issues)
20 Mystery Men (do not watch this while you are eating.)

3 comments:

Linda Shippert said...

Oooh, some excellent choices there! I gotta get me some of that Johnny Depp.

Bet said...

I LOOOOOOOVE "Bye Bye Birdie!" "What's the story, morning glory, what's the word, hummingbird?"

I actually saw a stage performance of it several years ago where the dad was played by Troy Donahue!

Marla Bronstein said...

That's the one. I was staying in a hotel in SF and caught it by accident. It was lovely. I think it's out on DVD now.