Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Stupid people happen in threes (and groups thereof)

Today was apparently Stupid People Day. It wasn't on my calendar, not on the front page of Google where I learn that most days are to be celebrated. I guess no one would want to acknowledge/celebrate being stupid. Unless of course, they covet the opportunity to be listed in the Darwin book.

First on the Stupid People List (SPL) was "Moron Guy" on Lakeway in the oncoming car who decided that the lane I was driving in was his left-turn lane. (BTW and FYI, if you are not from here, there are no turn lanes on Lakeway. You just block traffic if you need to turn left.) And when he saw me, he didn't move back to his lane. And yes, I am alive, I was lucky to not be Stupid today.

Second entry actually consisted of three guys who, when they saw me turning into the driveway at the bank, RAN into the driveway, in front of my car, and then WALKED across the driveway. I wondered if I was being Punk'd.

Finally, just a few moments ago, not to single out stupid men, two girls were standing on the high school side of Cornwall, no-where near an intersection. They watched me as I drove towards them, for a moment, and decided, just as my car reached them, to step into the street to cross. I would have understood if their destination was a drive-through/walk-up coffee stand across the street, but no. They were just Stupid.

Stupid People Day, in conjunction with the Centennial of the SF Quake "the big one" filled my day with agitation. I'm glad to be home.

1 comment:

Flipsycab said...

Also known as PWTMTOTHANETDD

People With Too Much Time On Their Hands And Not Enough To Do Day