Monday, September 11, 2006

A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT

So of course I procrastinated (again) but truly, I had been thinking about this list quite a bit. I wrote down the titles while on a road trip to Pasco this past Saturday with G and Z…I think you’ll be quite pleased. Even if it does go out in the mail on the 12th....Stennie thought this up. Or at least she set it up. Or at the very minimum, she posted it up, and I bit.

I have already received and listened to three of the five I received. I hope those of you who played recieved my copies...

Here are my choices for to CD 2.

1. A song you like to wake up to. “Here Comes The Sun”-The Beatles It’s also the first song I play when I re-set up my stereo, wherever I live.

2. An "earworm" -- a song that gets stuck in your head all day if you hear it once. “Take it to the Limit” The Eagles….this song gets stuck ALL THE TIME aaarrrrgghh!!

3. A one-hit wonder. “Baby Don’t Hurt Me” Haddaway…Little Brother and his best buddy are planning a dance for the talent show this spring. They have already started the video. I promise to load it as soon as I figure out how.

4. A song that makes you laugh. “I Hate You All” – Get Set Go.
Z turned me on to this song. It’s my life, at times…

5. A traveling song. This can be a song about traveling, or a song you like to listen to while traveling. “On the Road Again” Willie Nelson.

6. A song you like that your mother would also like. “Up and Down Lullaby” Karen Reitz…I know this is kind of unfair. Karen is a neighbor of mine, and I actually gave my mom a copy of her CD and I know she likes it.

7. Your guilty pleasure song. “Sailing” Christopher Cross


8. A song you like to play when you're pissed off. Either to cheer yourself up, or to let off some steam. “Tristan’s Moon” David Weiss
…it calms me.

9. An instrumental song. “Lady Grinning Soul” Lucia Micarelli


10. Song from your favorite music video. “Thriller” M. Jackson
. I don’t like this guy as a person but I do love this video.

11. A song from TV
. It could be a theme song, or from a TV soundtrack, or even a commercial. . OK, this story is amazing….we’re driving, playing this pick your favorite song game, and I ask G to name a song from TV. After about a minute, he’s sort of hitting his temple saying, “oh what is that song?”. And I said, “You know what I love?” and I started singing the Theme from the Courtship of Eddie’s Father this song. AND YES, THAT WAS THE SONG IN HIS HEAD TOO!!! That’s one of the many reasons we are best friends. However, I could not figure out how to transfer the song from my IPAQ to the CD, so I took my handy-dandy cartoon CD, and …so here you have the theme song from my favorite cartoon of all time the Flintstones

12. A kick-ass cover song. “Every little thing he does is Magic” Shawn Colvin

13. A song you've "played out." I would say “Unwritten” but it was my favorite song on my first CD compilation. The radio stations have played it to death. I’d sell the CD, but there are other songs on it that I like. I’m not telling anyone though; they’ll ruin it for me. So the song for this selection is “More than a Feeling” Boston

14. Song about one of the Seven Deadly Sins
(Anger, Greed, Lust, Envy, Sloth, Gluttony, Pride). “That wasn’t Me” Todd Thibaud

15. A song that makes you cry. “Tears in Heaven” Eric Clapton.
This came out right after Ken’s neice was killed in a car accident. It was horrible.

16. A song about a real person. “Goodbye Earl” Dixie Chicks
(with a disclaimer that they never killed anyone)

17. A song about music. “Piano Man” Billy Joel
I have to have one BJ song on every CD, right?

18. Song with a one-word title. “Single” Natasha Bedingfield I know that I am tempting fate here…but I do like the message. I suggest you gift it to all the adolescent women in your lives

19. A song you like that your father would also like. “Prayer for Peace” The Yellowjackets


20. Your first favorite song.
“At Seventeen” Janis Ian

2 comments:

Flipsycab said...

Whoa! I loved your mix!!

I have to play I Hate You All for HoJEw because that would be his theme song most days.

I was CRACKING UP at the one hit wonder song AND at the guilty pleasure song. Check out: Yacht Rock for a funny Christopher Cross set. http://www.channel101.com/shows/show.php?show_id=152

I had to skip over Tears in Heaven because I cannot even hear the first verse before I'm a blubbering mess.

I LOOOOVED Goodbye Earl.

I also had to skip over Piano Man. He is one artists I have played out. Oy.

I love At Seventeen. Siiiigh.

stennie said...

"I Hate You All" is MY theme song -- HoJew can find his own.