Friday, September 08, 2006

Funny Talk for a Friday

I don’t know how you ladies do that….don’t you work for a living….OK, so both Stennie and Flipsy got it done before I even got home at 5pm…..I, however, am continuing to procrastinate from working on my CD, which I haven’t worked on since I’ve been in rehearsal. I am nothing if I’ m not full of excuses…anyway, enjoy.
Play if you feel it.
1. Soda, Soft Drink, Soda Pop or Tonic – Soda.
2. Hoagie, Sub, Po Boy, Grinder – Poor boy…I didn’t even know what a grinder was until I was in college
3. Goobers or Peanuts – Peanuts
4. Candlepin or Ten-Pin bowling – bowling.
5. Dungarees or Blue Jeans – I have to admit I called them dungarees when I was a kid. Now they are jeans. Sometimes they are blue
6. Shopping Carriage, Shopping Cart, Buggy – Shopping cart.
7. Frappe or Milkshake – Milkshake
8. Jimmies or Sprinkles – Sprinkles.
9. Hot Dog or Frankfurter – Hot dog
10. Relative or Kin – relative.
11. Soda Crackers or Saltines – saltines.
12. Rubbish, Trash or Garbage – As my mom says…gawbage
13. Rotary or Traffic Circle – Roundabout. (go Flips!)
14. Barbeque, Grill Out or Cookout – BBQ
15. Funnel Cake or Fried Dough - Funnel cake. I don’t really know what it is…I just know what they call it in Lynden
16. Flapjacks, pancakes, or griddlecakes – Pancakes.
17. Bedroom Suite or Bedroom Suit – The Suite is the group of rooms, the suit would be the fancy schmancy negligees…
18. Bundles, Sacks or Bags (of Groceries) – They are all bags
19. Front Entrance or Front Stoop – Porch, if you mean in front of the front door.
20. Frying Pan or Skillet – Frying pan. Multiple sizes.

No comments: