Sunday, December 17, 2006

C'happy C'hanukah





Add together:
78 adults
+ 24 teenagers
+ 12 children under 11
+ general pot lucky dishes
subtract
- 30 lbs of shredded potatoes
- 10 lbs of onions
- 4 dozen eggs.
- 1 qt oil
- 2 18 lb turkeys
- 2 noodle kugle casseroles

And your total will be:

NO LEFTOVERS


But a good time was had by all. My house never looked so festive, thank G-d for gay decorators!!!




The usual suspect were there, and some were suspiciously absent.

This was our 9th party for the lesser Jewish holiday, and it's HUGE!!! We put a lot of work in, and wouldn't do it any other way. We have so much fun introducing (and re-introducing) our non-Jewish friends to the foods and the story, and this year Little Brother did an impromptu encore performance of the Jive-talkin' Chanukah Story which I interpreted. Next year, we'll get in on tape, I promise. I think he and his homeys are planning a rap-underscore to go with--



1 comment:

Bet said...

Awwww, I wish I'd have been at that party!