Monday, January 29, 2018

For Abby

Today is your day…. This is for you.

Since the first time we met at Temple Ramat Zion and you and Nina invited me to come sit with your family, my feelings of gratitude and appreciation towards all of you have been completely unconditional.

You, Abby, were always the “smart one.”

I felt silly and vapid next to you, and you never made me feel that way.

Even thought it was never the three or four of us on a regular basis, when first you lost Nina, and then Marjorie, I felt as if I needed to wrap you in my heart and protect you from any more hurt.

Of course, I suck at that...

To this day, I am in awe of you. I don’t think you do what you do for any other reason that you just seem to always be able to put one foot forward and keep moving and trying to make the world better. Even when you are stuck (do you ever get stuck?) you rally. Personally, I appreciate you for what you continue to do for women, for marginalized members of the Jewish community, and for your family. You are my hero.

In the face of all of your devastating losses, you have continued to inspire me to do better and be a better person.


No comments: