Thursday, January 25, 2018

For Gail

Happy Anniversary!!!

This is for you.

You are my oldest (read “longest lasting”) and dearest friend. That is no small task, given we have remained friends while we live across the country from one another. We have lived apart nearly four times as long as we lived in the same time zone. When we are together, or when we talk, whether it’s a week, a month or a year, even with catching up, is as if no time has passed and we are comfortable together. (at least, you always make me feel comfortable…)

You know just about everything about me…all of my family, all of my boyfriends. You were there when I got married. You and I have never had an argument (that I am aware of) and that is a major milestone. I argue with EVERYONE at least once!

You are more than my friend, you are the sister of my heart…as different as we are, as multi-talented and artistic as you are, you never make me feel inadequate. You are my hero, you are my rock.

Love you always, my dear friend.

No comments: