Wednesday, January 24, 2018

This is for Cindy Smooch


As one of my oldest (read “long term”) friends, we have a lot of history. I hold in my heart complete gratitude for you being my friend when we were teenagers (and I was the awkward one, you were the cool one) and all the time we spent together your last year in high school.

The universe seemed to feel it was important for us to cross paths after that…first in downtown LA which led me to live in my coolest apartment in Long Beach. Years (ages) after that I found you again here in Bellingham.

We were together for broken hearts and broken relationships..parenting woes and joys..and continue to this day with Issues with siblings and parents.

Even though we rarely see each other (and usually, that’s to celebrate birthdays…ahem…) After all these years, after all that we have been through, apart and together…your friendship and our history is very dear to me.

No comments: